Thursday 19 April 2012

Peekaboo

Peekaboo - Who the F*#&$ hiding behind the Costumes???


Let me start out by saying that i simply loath the teletubbies show. (As I'm sure all adults do.)

After doing some research on the world wide web, I’ve discovered that the Teletubbies series currently airing on Cbeebies was actually filmed between 1997 & 2001 which explains the same episodes appearing regular. While this doesn’t affect me too much at the moment, I do feel very sorry for my in-laws who are exposed to it every weekday as they take care of my smallie who’s simply addicted to the show. Catching it on the Telly oneday while fetching my toddler did however arouse my curiosity as to which bunch of sick desperate actors stood in line to firstly audition for the roles & secondly have the fortitude to perserver playing such paper thin characters for 4 years straight…surely having Teletubbies on your acting resume holds you in good stead to say, be a lead role in a deaf movie? 

Anyways, for those interested in who these fools are see below lets reveal the true identities of our Toddler Heroes…[Cue Drum Role]
From left to right you have:
- Nikky smedley = Laalaa
- Simon Shelton = Tinky Winky
- Pui Fan Lee = Po
- John Simmit = Dipsy

As you can see the casting agent clearly got the Racial & Gender Equality spot on…

While most of the aforementioned actors became typecast & their careers ended up as Tubby Toast, at least one of them, Pui Fan Lee, went on to to star in other TV Shows...now that is an achievement...Give that lady a bells!

2 comments:

  1. I love teletubbies! I loved them when I met them in std 9 and I love them now (with my baby on her way to std 9 soon)
    Something about the wide open spaces, the little rabbits munching the grass and the baby in the sun... makes me feel like I'm in a cloud where its perfectly normal to have a purple gay tubby jump out with a handbag and a hat.

    I'm sorry, I love it... and I'd love to be given the chance to play a fat alien with a TV in my tummy... even if it ended up being the pinnacle of my career!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say it with me ISSUES!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete